Emergency hotline for neurosurgical spine disorders
The neurosurgical clinic in the Paracelsus Clinic in Zwickau, founded in 1993, specialises in both vascular and tumour diseases of the brain and the treatment of spinal disorders.
Changes in civilization, such as lack of exercise, obesity, psycho-social factors, as well as demographic factors, such as shifts in the age pyramid, have led to an increase in the occurrence of this group of diseases over the past two decades.
Treatment has, however, likewise changed thanks to medical progress. Modern therapies are less traumatic and hospitalisation is shorter, meaning that patients can be rehabilitated far more quickly these days into their routine social and professional status.
In order to keep pace with this progress, the neurosurgical unit in the Paracelsus Clinic has been extended and now has a spinal surgical department. Our objective is to be regional provider of the complete spectrum of operative spinal treatment. This includes:
- Decompression of the spinal cord of the cervical, thoracic and lumbar vertebrae
- Dorsal and ventral stabilisation (fixators, vertebral body replacement) including the craniocervical junction
- Intervertebral disc prosthesis surgery
- Complete medical care of spinal trauma
- Endoscopic (also intradural) surgery (thecaloscopy)
- Nucleoplasty, vertebroplasty, kyphoplasty
- Intradural and extradural spinal tumours
Waiting for surgery between visiting outpatients and being scheduled for surgery can often be an additional burden for patients.
In order to improve this situation we have set up a hotline for emergencies. This also includes work or family related social emergencies. The hotline can and should be used for anonymous medical information.
Please call: 0375 590 4444
Dr. Juris Jansons is your primary contact.